CenturyPly launches an all new revolutionary product – VenLam
· CenturyPly enters a new product category with VenLam
· VenLam is a product that gives the aesthetic beauty of Real Wood along with the ease of working with high pressure laminates
India, July, 2017: CenturyPly has been the front-runner in applying innovation at work. The largest sellers of multi-use plywood and decorative veneers in India enters into a new category by launching a one of its kind product in the industry-VenLam, an innovative product that provides both, the aesthetic beauty of real wood and the comfort of working with high pressure laminates.
As the name “VenLam” suggests, it is a combination of Veneers and Laminates. VenLam is made by a technologically advanced process where decorative face veneer layers and layers of impregnated Kraft paper are fused together. There are 17 varieties of designs available with size of 8*4ft in the thickness of 1.0mm.
The superior lustre and increased durability makes VenLam an ideal choice for a wide range of applications.
· Boil water resistant Product
· Ease of work – conventional laminate tools are suitable for fabrication.
· Normal adhesive for Laminate is suitable for application. No nailing is required
· Requires less space for storage.
· Handling / shifting is easy. Can be delivered / shifted in roll form.
· Better surface finish because of calibrated surface (uniform thickness) – Results in superior finish after application of polish.
· Confirms to E1 grade in Formaldehyde emission standard.
· Termite and Borer resistant (under test).
VenLam allows application in those areas where traditional veneers cannot be used. Application areas of the product are as follows:
• Laminates along with VenLam can be used side by side (which was not possible in case of traditional veneers as the thickness was 3.5mm/4mm as compared to 1mm Laminates)
• Because of Light weight it’s easier to use in doors of Kitchen, modular furniture and also while re-furbishing antique furniture.
• Traditionally on cupboards / modular kitchens one side of the ply is 3.5mm veneer & other side is of 1mm Laminates (mostly inside) which causes problem in balancing. With VenLam this issue gets resolved.
Commenting on the launch, Mr Keshav Bhajanka, Executive Director, CenturyPly comments. “CenturyPly has always been the innovator in the wood panel industry. We as a company, have always tried to come up new products which add to the aesthetic value of homes as well as to make the life of our customers more hassle free. Consequently, we have now come up with a new unique product VenLam, which brings together the aesthetic beauty of veneer along with the strength, flexibility and superior application properties of laminates. CenturyPly has been working on this product for close to two years now and after vigorous testing, and countless trials we are now completely confident of giving our customers a flawless product. We hope that this product shall benefit our consumers and add to the beauty of their homes. We are confident that VenLam has the potential to create a new market in itself.”
As per Mr. Shankho Chowdhury, Executive Business Head-Decoratives, CenturyPly, “We are very happy to announce that CenturyPly, taking forward the mission to transform living spaces into an embodiment of visual pleasure and comfort, presents another innovative product VenLam. Here, one gets the aesthetic beauty of Real Wood and the ease of working with high pressure laminates in a single product. A revolutionary product exploring the best of both the worlds. VenLam is made by a special process where a layer of Decorative Face Veneer and layers of impregnated Kraft paper are fused together by adopting an innovative technology “