Kiran Rai : 500 people, Power, Guinness book of records, 1 billion views.
In March 2020 Kiran Rai a British Journalist and arts and entertainment media entrepreneur who has written in 987 newspapers and hosted 106 major events and one of the most powerful media journalists in today's generation made headlines across the world for creating a list called ' the 500 most influential people in Asia 2020 ' which was viewed more than 1 billion times from reshares and shouts out from the Asia's most successful people of all time including bringing 7 countries together and 30 play back singer legends, 150 South Indian Stars, 200 North Indian stars, 80 gold medalists, 20 top chefs and 23 IPL cricketers such as A R Rahman, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan, K.S Chitra, Udit Naryana, Jatin Lalit, Zakir Hussain, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Adnan Sami, Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Anuradha Paudwal, Anu Malik, Rashid Khan, Sukhwinder Singh, Sri Nivas, Kavita Krishna Murthy, Anand Millind, Salim and Sulamain Merchant and 5 royal family members.
The New York Press News Agency had commissioned Rai to complete this list in exactly one year from March 2020 to March 2021. The List included 7 countries like Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Singapore, UAE, Nepal and had senior royal family highness Sheikha Noora Al Khalifa and 5 Indian royal family members from Rajastan.
Ralph Pereira Editor in Chief of the New York Press News Agency said ' It was a incredible moment for our company to complete this list and actually deliver something to the world, we are looking to get the list listed inside the GBR book ' The list also included several name bollywood actress' and media personalities such as Kajal Aggarawal, Shruti Hassan, Urvashi Ratuela, Dananeer ( Pawri Horai Hai) and Youtubers such as Carry Minati, Yashraj Mukhate and Sports Athletes such as Sania Mirza, Wasim Akram, Shahid Afiridi and chefs such as Vikas Khanna, Sanjeev Kapoor, Ranveer Brah.
Ajit Kumar Senior Reporter said ' It was a impossible task but Kiran pulling 500 people out of the hat, without lockdown none of this would of happened '
Question & Answer
1) How did you start this project? -' we started this as a project to keep ourself entertained while in Lockdown, I really had no idea it was going to go this far '
2) Whats the future with the list? ' we are hoping that book of records or anything that get this list officially recognised is the Aim '
3) What was the hardest thing about this project? ' I lost so much sleep to this, I remember doing 20 interviews a day over zoom and to push the entire Asia was more than 15,000 phone calls I must have made '
4) Whats the future plans? - London is on a national lockdown and were coming out of this month so now just getting healthy and looking for new ventures, my editor has said we should do the 500 most influential people in Europe but I am have a hard think about that '
5) Whats A R Rahman like with you? - he's a decent person, he knows what he wants and he helped me so much '
6) are you planning to come to India? - yes we are planning too and have so much work when we come to India, its really tough '
The Project has been finalised and had a consist of 1 billion views on instagram.