Sonal Sonkavde, Senior IRS Officer..

Senior Income tax officer inspires youth following Narendra Modi's Fit India Mission in COVID times
"Work is worship and duty to the nation comes first though" says Sonal Sonkavde      
Mumbai July 2020:
Sonal Sonkavde, Senior IRS Officer, who has also written two fictional novels 'Comma' and 'So What' which were released by renowned lyricist Javed Akhtar and published by Crosswords is on an inspirational journey towards fitness, wellbeing, and creativity.
  The Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award recipient for her debut album ‘More Saanware’ in 2017 has just undergone a stringent fitness journey from 103Kg to 79Kg during lockdown following Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Fit India Mission during COVID 19 lockdown. She has also completed her third fiction novel "Love Passion Karma 2030" in tri-series.
"Lockdown has helped me discover and transform not only physically but also mentally and emotionally. I did yoga and Pranayam. I also focused on my hobbies like music and writing" said Sonal Sonkavde, Deputy Income Tax Commissioner. She further adds, "I have a genetic history of obesity and my parents also have high blood pressure and sugar. I never had any medical problems other than obesity. Last 35 years, I have been obese and weighed 103 kg before lockdown".
During lockdown, she indulged in different exercises like dance, power yoga, Tabata, aerobics at home playing videos on Youtube. This gave her amazing results and after almost 5 months, she is now 79kg as on date, she has lost about 24 kgs with consistent efforts.
"While preparing for civil services ten years back, I adopted a sedentary lifestyle and it became a part of life and habit. Being a cyclist and a swimmer was not helping me as my food intake was habitually very high and irregular. Lots of exercise and diet control helped me lose around 15 kg of weight three years back. However, I gained back that entire weight as I eased diet restrictions and weighed 103kg. With almost no time at disposal for my personal weight loss related goals due to heavy workload at the job, I couldn't imagine getting into my ideal framework till I was introduced by my parents about "DIXIT DIET". I saw videos available on YouTube and thought that it's easy to follow and I was happy that this time I am not having much diet control and thereby I would not be gaining my lost weight back. I started following it since January and started getting beautiful results. I combined it with another beautiful technic of INTERMITTENT FASTING. So, I used to take both meals in the interval of 8 hours and used to be on fast for 16 hours. This I started when I attained a plateau and was not losing any weight almost for a month. So then, I started experimenting more with my diet, sometimes only salad, sometimes only fruit, sometimes palak juice, neem juice, tulsi juice, and other herbal products. I also followed naturopathy, water treatments and attended a detox program at Naturopathy Institute at Uralikanchan. I used to cheat amidst all these efforts, I used to have cheat days to appease my taste buds with my favorite Ragada pattice or a pizza, but then I used to again compensate it with good exercise. I also avoided Maida, Sugar, Rice, and wheat to the extent possible", she adds while talking about her inspiring fitness journey.
"Work is worship and duty to the nation comes first though", she signs off while moving forward, with her fitness goal also towards healthy living.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mukka Proteins Limited

GJEPC Unveils Exclusive Gem & Jewellery Show..

कोल्हापूर फिल्म कंपनी 'विठ्ठल दर्शन' अभिनेते जितेंद्र जोशी सादरीकरण करणार